Business Development Manager
Are you a customer-centric seller with a desire to learn and succeed in technology sales? Do you like to practice a strong "hunter" approach to sales with the ability to create, grow and manage a book of business? Are you comfortable being surrounded by collaborative and self-driven people that push you to be better? If you are looking for rapid career growth and are inherently all of these things, read on...
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager to help us expand our clientele. You will be the front of the company and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy.
The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients.
A typical workday is comprised of prospecting, outreach, prequalifying cold leads, scheduling phone calls with qualified leads, identifying sales opportunities, following up with leads, research ideal customers from existing accounts while recording all of your activity in our CRM system.
This position comes with full-training, but candidates with experience in sales are preferred.
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs.
- Prospect into multiple organizations via cold-calling, networking, email, Linkedin Navigator and social media.
- Build and manage a strong sales pipeline by qualifying inbound leads and converting them into qualified sales opportunities.
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients.
- To be able to sell technology services to businesses. You must strive to gain extensive knowledge of the company’s products and services.
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers.
- Build a list of ideal customers that you have identified through the prospecting process.
- Identify growth opportunities within our active/inactive client database and orchestrate discussions with executives around their business needs.
- Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the Company technology – and clearly articulate capabilities and advantages to prospective customers.
- Contribute to every component of the critical functions associated with fulfilling the sales cycle (forecasting, reporting, customer database maintenance and data entry, correspondence, and communications).
- Provide bi-weekly activity report to management.
- Other assigned duties, as required.
- 3-4-years of experience in an inside sales lead generation role, preferably in B2B technology.
- Proven track record of prospecting and selling technology products.
- We sell servers! As such, we ask that only those candidates with a sound technical background and understanding of servers, their components and data centers apply.
- Have experience in an environment where aggressive follow up was standard.
- Strong lead generation and cold calling abilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication. You know how to quickly build a rapport with clients/prospects whether it be through digital means or on the phone.
- Competitive and self-driven.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Linkedin Navigator, networking, and social media skills.
- University Degree or College Diploma Required in a business or communications related field.
- Knowledge of the Customer Centric Selling is a plus.
- Remote employees will be required to travel periodically to our office location in Stoney Creek, ON, Canada for training (at our expense).
- In-house employees will be required to work from our office location in Stoney Creek, ON, Canada.
We care about your professional and personal development. Here are some of the perks of joining our team:
- Competitive compensation
- Commission Incentives
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- A very strong office culture
Compensation is competitive but currency will depend on your location.